Our 40th Anniversary Year
1977 - 2017
MEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION
The Pittston Township Ambulance Association seeks the public support via a Membership Donation Subscription program. This program, open to residents of Pittston Township and surrounding communities, provides the residents a means to show their support of the local EMS operation via an annual suggested donation. The donation stays right here in our community and is tax deductible in accordance with IRS rules and regulations.
The general outline of this program is as follows:
1) Membership subscriptions are opened annually and mailed to Pittston Township residents of record and to those in neighboring communities who have requested memberships in the past. The membership is enforce for a calendar year.
2) Upon providing the suggested monetary donation, the residential location and all of the persons residing in a common household, along with visiting guests, are exempt for any costs not covered by insurances for Ambulance Service provided by the Pittston Township EMS, or its Mutual Aid providers, along with Advanced Life Support Services when utilized.
3) Upon receiving EMS from the Pittston Township Ambulance, the patients permits the EMS provided to bill their insurance carrier for services provided and receive payment for services provided.
3) The Pittston Township Ambulance only provides and responds to calls received via Luzerne County 911 dispatch. Due to the number of actual Emergency calls received, non emergent responses, such as routine transports from hospitals to home or for doctor office visits, will not be made or scheduled.
4) Public training programs (such as CPR training) when offered, can be attended with payment for cost of program only.
5) Additional benefits maybe offered as determined by the Ambulance Association Board of Directors.
NON SUBSCRIPTION RESIDENTIAL RESPONSES - Persons/residential locations having a need for EMS and utilizing the Pittston Township Ambulance will be responsible for any and all costs not reimbursed by medical insurances. Upon receiving EMS from the Pittston Township Ambulance, the patient permits and authorizes the EMS provider, or its Mutual Aid providers, along with Advanced Life Support Services when utilized, to bill their insurance carrier for services provided and receive payment for services provided. The patients will then receive a follow up billing for payment of any non-covered expenses incurred.